POSITION: Lead Pastor
REPORTS TO: Elders
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Elders on behalf of the Congregation.
PURPOSE: To teach, shepherd, and lead the church family under the authority of Jesus Christ
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
1. Theological training: MDiv Degree is preferred
2. It is preferred that he has a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Senior Pastor and five (5) year’s total experience in ministry. 3. Ordained in the EFCA within 3 years or transfer ordination.
1. Meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9
2. A man of prayer who maintains a healthy relationship with God
3. Agrees with the doctrinal statement of the EFCA
4. A lifelong learner continually developing his gifts and ability to teach, shepherd and lead the local church.
5. Is a man of strong moral integrity, humble and transparent; able to confront difficult situations with grace, truth, and love. Displays emotional maturity.
1. Provide oversight and guidance for the overall teaching ministry of the church. 2. Loves God’s Word and preaches with good exegesis and relevant application.
3. Preaches in scheduled worship services, willing to appropriately share the preaching and teaching responsibilities of the church.
4. Develop a preaching plan that covers the essential themes of Scripture in accordance with sound doctrine and in accordance with the needs of the congregation.
1. A man of Biblical vision and ability to articulate that vision.
2. Grows a collegial relationship with Church Elders.
3. Displays collaborative leadership skills with church staff
4. He nurtures and shepherds the church staff and congregation in spiritual growth and health. health. 5. Develops a plan to implement 2 Tim. 2:2 in order to develop future leaders for healthy church growth.